Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Did you know working out makes you tan?


...well, it does! apparently for me.


the past few weeks at the gym i've had my "gym friends" approach me with:


"you're so tan!"..."looks like you got some sun in AZ!"..."you look tan, did you go somewhere?"


the answer to all of the above is - No. i do not go tanning. i did not get sun in AZ or anywhere else. i guess sweating really brings out my natural color!


another note about the treadmill. i've noticed that i only run as far as i mentally tell myself i'm going to in my head. not what my body is actually capable of. so during my extremely long 3 mile trek, i am constantly watching the numbers tick away... 0.4... 1.2... 2.7 GOD FORBID i surpass that 3.1 mile marker of a 5k, i think the treadmill might blow up! why do i constantly stare at the milage as if something BAD will happen if i just HAPPEN to go further than the 3.1?! i mean, would it be that terrible to go further than anticipated? i act as if it would be tragic, just dying to press that large red STOP button as soon as the 3.1 appears on the screen.


gosh i hate treadmill running. i think that is it. i am just so BORED with watching tv in silence i can't possibly bear another step. i can't run or work out with head phones. i think they get in the way. so i watch the tv in closed caption, while also staring at the numbers of course.


well, it's good to know i'm working on my tan while i'm also working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment