Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Lillian McGugan Fessler Label

i decided my Nanny Lillian and her fashion forward-ness deserves an entry. i have been blessed to have incredible family, and one of the most special people nearest and dearest to me is my Nanny Lillian (my dad's mother).
she lived the fairy tale romance of falling in love with a Marine during WWII. my Grandad Charles aka 'Chot'. once they settled in Easton, PA they became quite the socialites on the town! always going to gatherings at the country club they were members of or other fancy evening social events. i think this is where i inherited my "fashionista" in me. my nanny was always dressed in the latest and greatest, buying things at unique boutiques in downtown Easton. as time would tell, alot of it is now becoming "vintage couture" and right back in style on the runways by top designers.
over the years i've "stolen" many of her items... clothing, accessories, amazing jewelry, etc. i've gotten compliments every time i wear something of hers. and i get to say "oh i got it from my Nanny".
she is now in her late 80's with a clean bill of health and still goes out dancing at least once a month with my Grandad and my parents. the LOVE ballroom dancing. (which is probably also where i inherited my love for dancing.) i'm so thankful for her in my life and the joy she brings to so many. i love you Nanny!! - i'll be over to raid your closet again in the near future!

modeling one of her matching "skirt suits" for the winter.

Wearing one of her nautical skirts i love that she would wear to the Yacht Club at our lake house.

Wearing one of her cashmere golf sweaters from Northampton Country Club women's league.

Christmas 2008 - wearing her gold locket necklace and black sweater that zips up the back.

Christmas 2008 - Wearing her black coat i stole with a mink collar. she LOVED real fur...uh oh.


One of my favorites. The jewelry box my Grandad made for her...


The blue and white plate came from her China cabinet.

I'm wearing a black beaded necklace from her collection.

An opal and ruby butterfly ring she "regifted" me on one of my birthdays. i wore it for Allison's rehearsal dinner to match my purple dress and gold accessories.


Wearing another one of her mink fur trimmed coats. With my best friend from childhood, Danielle, on Christmas Eve 2009.


Using her metallic gold clutch for a wedding accessory!

2 comments:

  1. This is precious! I'm sure your Nanny appreciates the "props". Holla at 'cho Nanny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanny's closet has yielded some great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete