Thursday, February 18, 2010

To Go


Cosi is probably one of my FAVORITE places to eat. not sure if you're familiar with this chain of fabulous food, but one of their specialties is that they offer Smores for a dessert option. you actually roast them at your table. delicious.

recently in the past year they've opened one within walking distance from my apartment. genius. i stop in every chance i get. generally on my nights when i'm running to coach cheerleading practice right after a long day in the office.

last night was no different. i stopped in for my usual "Pick Two" combo deal. signature salad and tuscan pesto chicken melt. TO DIE FOR. i get really excited for this food. i happily skip to my car with food in hand. ok, i may not have been skipping.

i then arrive at Eastern and begin to devour my meal in the basketball office before practice as Rebecca and i chat about the ridiculously awesome stunts we're going to teach our girls last night for a new halftime routine. (they nailed basically. two claps.) back to my meal... so i go to move on to my salad and discover much to my dismay that i have NO SILVERWARE. plastic ware. fork. spoon. any of the above. no napkin either.

so i am left to eat my salad with my HANDS. which i did because it is so yummy. but seriously, if you order something TO GO - wouldn't you think it would be nice to have eating utensils in the bag they package for you? possibly a napkin or two would be pushing the limit of expectations?

don't worry, Cosi - i still love you.

2 comments:

  1. Bitter Betty,

    They have a stand where you're supposed to get your own "plastic ware" and napkins. If they were to put that in everyone's "to go" bag, not everyone uses it and it would be a waste. Go Green, Betty!

    Signed,
    Two Claps

    ReplyDelete
  2. a salad ALWAYS requires a fork :)

    ReplyDelete