Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving


yes, you heard correct. i'm moving home to Bethlehem for a little while. no, there is nothing "wrong". i just finally put some numbers down on paper and realized that in a year or slightly more, i could own my very own condo/house!! why had i not realized this a long time ago? not sure, but i believe timing is everything and i know God will lead the way. SO - the plan is to live with Ma and Pa and put "rent money" aside in savings each month until i have enough for my down payment. i can't rent and save at the same time.

the commute will suck. but not always. i generally enjoy spending time in my car and i love driving. love my car. etc. but i'm sure i'll have days of extreme road rage on the northeast extension of the turnpike. drivers, beware.

i've also been lining up some temporary housing options down here in the Phila area for when i need to stay overnight, yet must also be at work in the morning. The Nadelhoffer Inn, Rach & Joni's bed and breakfast, Andrea's Bungalow, Lauren's Malvern Mansion, Mary's Hotel, etc. have no fear, my friends, i'll never be too far!

bittersweet. excited to set up shop in my old room with new additions of antique furniture my parents recently purchased, a closet i designed with my dad, and an overflow closet of my mother's office that may be my "walk in". (shh! don't tell her.) also looking forward to home cooked meals and not walking half a mile to my car each morning. my dad told me he's been "stocking up" on my favorite wines since i'm moving home. this could be dangerous. my dad's wine collection is quite impressive.

i'll be looking for friends to come visit on the weekends who enjoy fine wine, laughing with and AT my parents, a pool in the summer out back, and tasty food. any takers?

Bethlehem, PA. home sweet home. for now...

(i hope the truck i rented for Saturday is large enough. i'm beginning to fill my living room with mountainous piles.)



Some other reasons to come visit:

Bethlehem Steel (ok, it's closed. but it's still there.)











Awesome shopping.







Historic downtown with shops, restaurants, etc. (and women wearing Christmas sweatshirts.)







2 comments:

  1. adge i cant wait to come spend the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok pick one and you're in! haha the weekend of March 19 and 26 are both open right now :) my parents would LOVE it. mmm wine with steve and suzanne!

    ReplyDelete