Friday, February 12, 2010

Pleez Type Like an Adult



i've decided one of my biggest pet peeves is when adults type on the computer as if they're texting. AND i'm just as annoyed when people text by abbreviating as well. maybe it's because i'm a writer for much of my job, and do editing constantly. and feel it's the lazy way out. and i hate when people are lazy.

is there a reason to type so that it's barely legible to save a few letters?! it takes me twice as long to decipher the message when i have to decode it first! i realize it may take some longer than others to type on a keyboard, such as the "hunt and peck" method. however, i was in that boat once too. and the more i typed, the faster i got. this may have something to do with my frequent online AIM conversations back in the day. i can thank social networking for teaching me how to type quickly with all the fingers on the correct keys.


sometimes the word is even the same amount of letters but STILL spelled wrong as if they're trying to abbreviate.


"r u goin 2 the movies" is not an acceptable sentence. in text or IM or email or anywhere ever. i once saw an icon image somewhere online that said "rite 2 me like dis, and i'll shoot you". HAHAHA. seriously - it's THAT annoying.


so please, grow up. learn how to type. and speak proper english in your electronic communication. you'll do the world a favor.

1 comment:

  1. Agree. Agree. Agree. I can't tell you how many college papers I have received that have "coded" language. Countless! I take my red pen and mark all over it! Thanks for raising my blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete