Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kitchen vs. Closet

i came to a very important realization today. i was having a discussion with my room mate about a studio apartment i had viewed last month and how it was WAY too tiny but the kitchen didn't really matter. it was a teeny tiny kitchen but i was perfectly ok with that.

most of you should know i spend a very limited amount of time in any kitchen. it's the last of my concerns in choosing an apartment or living environment. this is when the realization hit me...

i looked at Rach and said "i need a closet that is the size of a normal kitchen!" if those two areas could reverse sizes in my living habitat, all would be well in my little world.

if i ever design a home and build one in the distant future, i would have to have a serious conversation with the architect of downsizing the kitchen and using that extra square footage in my closet area.

i have something in mind similar to what Carrie Bradshaw was blessed with. oh how envious i am... i don't care if it's just a movie! i know there are people out there with closets like this in real life! i would be ok with it being larger than my bedroom. i just like organization. a whole lot.

1 comment: