Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday to Glee! (my car, not the tv show.)

7 years ago TODAY, we started a remarkable journey together. my 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLi 1.8t...more affectionately known as "Glee". which is how one of my friends pronounced "GLi" as word. and the name stuck. she was my dream car and when i graduated in 2004 from college, she was my graduation present to myself. August 31, 2004. my parents were scared for me signing on my own on such a HUGE decision and financial commitment. but i never asked for a penny and paid her off in 5 years with 0% interest and 0 down. thank you, VWOA. and because of her, i've literally met some of the best friends i've ever had in life that i still count as my closest friends. thank you, VWvortex. ant, mark, scott, meg, steve (nina!), erin, charles, josh, ian - and of course shis and andrea who i talk to every day. and i'm leaving many out, not intentionally but this blog only has so much room. we've come a long way... 125,000 miles later she is still going strong with no real mechanical issues. oh but we've had our share of cosmetic issues! comprehensive insurance claim should be my middle name...

rear ended at a stop sign... tree branch fell in a storm crushing my front corner panel... sheet metal flew off a truck on the highway scraping my hood and roof... significant hail damage... a half dead deer ran into the side of it while i was driving. and i'm sure there are more that i'm forgetting.

but here are a few pics from the night i made her mine. picked her up in sparkly new condition with only 13 miles on the odometer. brand. spanking. new. and i never looked back...


No comments:

Post a Comment