Monday, June 20, 2011

dad.

Happy Father's day to the best dad ever. one day late. yesterday was spent in the Detroit airport attempting to get home after a cancelled flight. bless his heart, my dad spent the day on the phone with airlines and rental car companies.

my dad is someone who gives selflessly. every day of his life. and never expects a thing in return. he is the first one to help someone in need in any way he can. he will drop everything he is doing to be of help somewhere even to a stranger. he is the guy who bought the homeless woman an ice cream cone in Indiana this weekend, after asking her favorite flavor. he is the guy who taught his daughters how to fish and cast a fishing pole and bait a hook. he is the dad that clapped proudly at every single dance recital and competition in high school. he is the dad that attended every home game he could in college to watch me as a cheerleader. he is the dad who has moved me in and out of one million apartments. he is the dad that insisted i learn to drive stick when i turned 16, not giving me another option. he is the dad that is my biggest supporter - always there. every day of my life, a phone call away. i love you dad. oxox.

a few Father's Day 2011 shots from our weekend in Indiana!



No comments:

Post a Comment