Thursday, July 14, 2011

leaving it all behind.

...my flat iron stays home
...there is no paint on my nails (which never happens)
...i need a new pedicure desperately
...my make up bag sits on my dresser
...there are no accessories or jewelry on me (tragic)
...my purse sits in my bedroom right where i left it this morning
...my high heels lay on the floor of my closet waiting for my next night on the town or social affair
...my beloved car will sit in a parking lot for 12 days untouched
...i will be without my iPhone and BB for a very long time
...i have no laptop or access to internet, so long facebook!

i leave it all behind. off to El Salvador on a 12 day mission trip at 3am tonight! i leave it behind to enter into a life nothing similar to mine. to step outside my comfort zone and just be among God's people in a community of simplicity. because that's all we REALLY need. their needs are met, and they're happy. there are no super malls and fancy restaurants. but yet joy remains.

it is quite different for sure getting ready to leave on a 12 day international mission trip. more different than anything i'm used to or have done before. but i felt God tugging at my heart and here i am. He has never failed me yet, and so i trust. i trust in safety watching over our team. and i trust in our leadership. and i trust that God's plan is the ultimate one and we must go where we are called. for His purpose.

may God's will be done. amen.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" - Matthew 28:19

1 comment: