Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Caught without Clothes


this entry is not what you think it is. i had clothes on at all times, thank you.


as many of my readers know, i moved home with my parents in February to save money to buy a house. my social life is still in the Wayne, PA area. this causes me to often spend the night at friends' houses in which case i need to prepare and pack a bag for sometimes days at a time. i've become quite the expert of living out of my car. my trunk generally doubles as a closet.


one particular thursday, i had planned whole heartedly to go home that night and was not planning to stay anywhere closer to work. therefore, i did not pack anything. not one single solitude piece of clothing. other than what was on my body. which happened to be a business skirt and dress shirt, and heels. later that evening after work, we had a happy hour event planned at one of our VP's house. i was having just such a good time, that i decided i could go to the bar after the party for "just one drink" before heading home. well we ended up chit chatting until midnight when i finally made the realization it was probably best to stay at my friend/coworker's house megan. thankfully we're about the same size and she offered me a shirt to wear the next day. ...with the same skirt and heels. fashion arrest #1. duplicate outfit the next day.


now it's friday and i had plans to visit my best friend andrea in the city. with only the clothes on my back, and a borrowed shirt. clearly this would not suffice for being a city socialite later in the evening. i quickly emailed andrea informing her we needed to go shopping to get me an outfit upon my arrival. there were no objections. i found a cute little dress at Express ...to wear with the same heels i've now worn for 3 days. stole some of andrea's jewelry. literally, i'm not giving it back. and a clutch purse and called it a night.


now, walking to my car to drive home saturday morning is where it gets comical. i had nothing to sleep in as well. so andrea gave me a pair of gray shorts. ok, fine. and a bright red tank top that said "Little Miss Naughty"... wonderful. i was REALLY hoping to wear this to walk to my car WITH high heels on. which is exactly what i had to do. i think the construction workers at 11th and Locust enjoyed my Saturday morning outfit. i wanted to scream to the world "this is NOT the walk of shame! i slept at a girlfriend's house, i swear!!"


lesson learned: there is now a bag of clothes in my trunk permanently as my "emergency outfit". it is not the most fashion forward outfit, so i'm hoping to not have to ever resort to wearing it. but just in case i'm caught without clothes again...

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. And by you screaming, "I was at my girlfriend's" wouldn't help the situation, it would probably make it even naughtier.

    ReplyDelete